The Book – “The ONE Thing“, answers to this ONE question – “What’s the ONE Thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?”
I have been a multi-tasking and I am still is up-to some extent. But recently, I have experienced that dismissing the distractions and FOCUSING on the right few things will get you the desired result compare to chasing for several things.
To support my belief and getting to know more about the FOCUS, I have decided the pick this book and I can say it has certainly strengthened my belief for the FOCUS on the right few things and doing it really well rather chasing several things at the same time.
The ONE thing about this book that I have really liked the most is their great deal of some cool and meaningful quotes.
- Domino Effect: We all know the theory of the “Domino Effect”. Our goal in life can be achieved by focusing on ONE Thing (First Domino) and placing all other things accordingly can lead us to our goal.
- Work-Life Balance: The quest for the Work-Life Balance is rising and it clearly defines the importance of it. I have talked about “Work-Life Balance” recently during one of my “Podcast Interview“. My belief about “Work-Life” balance is about priority based on the severity of the things in life and work in the relevance of the time available to you. I felt glad that my belief on “Work-Life” balance is inline to what the author of this book thinks.
- Role of Discipline in Achievement – Disciplines of good habits is one of the great tools for those who have achieved the significant success in their lives. The author of the book says once a behavior becomes a habit it takes less discipline to maintain it and it takes approx. 66 days to form a habit. The one close relevance that I can think of this thought in my life is my “Workout” habit which I think took 2 months to form.
- Success List – A to-do list becomes success list when we prioritize it.
- Productivity (and Profit in business) is driven by purpose and priority
- Make an appointment with yourself and keep it – I like this suggestion by the author. I have been passively doing this and found a tremendous result. When you commit yourself to do something at a specific time, you should do everything possible to keep that commitment and appointment to yourself.
- Accountability: We always have a choice to be an accountable or victim.
P.S. Credit and Courtesy to figures and graphics used in this post to https://www.the1thing.com/.